« Previous Entry
Next Picture »
Description: The U.S. Weather Bureau operated here from 1902 until 1946. The building has since been restored to its 1901 appearance. Listed on the National Register of Historical Places it is now being operated as a welcome center by the Outer Banks Visitors Bureau. Photo taken while on a walking tour of Hatteras in the Fall of 2008.
Views: 403 times
Votes: 57 Votes
LEAVE A COMMENT
Posted: 6:20 PM
Pretty photo - it does look like an old linen post card.
Posted: 8:44 PM
What a beautiful restoration and an important part of weather history on the Outer Banks! Very pretty photo!
Posted: 12:27 AM
This has a real vintage look to it.... like the older linen postcards. Nice.