Author: Kara OH
Date Posted: 7/10/2005
1 lb of sausage (choose mild, medium or spicy)
1 lb of ground beef
1 lb of velveeta
1/2 package of taco seasoning (choose mild, medium or spicy)
2 loaves of rye 'party' bread (mini loaves found in bakery section of grocery store)
1. Brown the ground beef and sausage.
2. Add taco seasoning.
3. Cut velveeta into medium sized chunks and add.
4. Use low heat if necessary to get velveeta to mix in with the meat so that you do not see any chunks and you have a cheesy meat mixture.
5. Using a spatula, spread mixture onto breads (just one slice- do not put slice on top).
6. You can either freeze them from here to save for later or....
7. When you are ready to serve, put them in a pre-heated 375* oven until breads are crispy. Time depends on whether or not they were frozen but can be anywhere from 5-20 minutes.
**depending on how much of the mixture you put on the breads, it should make anywhere from 1-2 loaves.
**recipe is only as spicy as you make it!!!