I was in the house when it was a private residence for a party. The acoustics were crazy you could hear people across the room like they were standing right next to you. Made for an interesting evening. Really sad to see that go. It arrived in Hatteras the same year I was born here. . I don't think it had power hooked up to it so I am curious what the cause will be of the fire.
That is great history on this, Firebird! So cool! My husband and I are guessing that maybe the owner put in Halloween lights???? Don't know the electric source.....who knows. Maybe some mean people that wanted to do harm.
My 30 year old son and his fishing buddies were down here last week and couple of the guys had never been to HI and thought the "spaceship " was great. On our ride down here today he called us and said that he saw it on FB and all the fishing buddies were bummed by the fire. It is such a waste and I hate it for this village. I am so glad that you were able to spend some time in it!
Thanks to Lowtide for his links to history of these futuro homes. Nice reading!